It’s been a while since I updated, and I always feel awkward writing here after such a long hiatus. It’s kind of like running into that friend in WalMart. You know, the one you were cool with once but haven’t spoken to in a long time. Not really awkward, but just kind of…weird. I figure a good way to return to the blogosphere would be to recap everyone on what I’ve been up to in my absence, and the cool things that I have coming up in the near future.
- I’ve finished my first round of P90X, and I was more than impressed with the program. Over the course of 90 days I lost 36lbs, went from about 23% body fat to 13%, and got into the best shape that I have ever been in.
- Since I finished P90X, I’ve gained about 15lbs of the weight that I lost back. I wouldn’t really say that I failed at maintaining my diet and condition. It’s more like I didn’t even try to. After I finished, there was Thanksgiving, my wedding, Christmas, New Years, and two birthdays in the family (all of which we ate huge dinners for). So for the two months following P90X, all I did was pretty much eat junk and not work out. But thats okay, I’ll be getting back on track again soon.
- I’ve very casually leveled my Shaman, Peedrinker, up to level 72. So far, I’ve really enjoyed getting back into WoW. The portion of Cataclysm that I’ve experienced so far, which was the revamped zones in Azeroth, was a blast. I had a lot of fun leveling through them with my friends. I’m now a full blown Elemental Shaman, running a Resto offspec, and enjoying every bit of it.
- I’m sad to say that Latency Lowlifes, the guild that I was raving about a while back, has since crumbled. With the release of the Rift beta shortly after the Cataclysm release, mostly everyone else lost interest in WoW after getting into the familiar BC content. But thats okay. I still keep in touch with them on twitter, so I’m not groveling yet. Once I hit 85 on my Shaman, I’ll be looking for another guild that I can be active and raid with, which I am looking forward to.
- Look up. I changed my header!
- Starting this coming Monday, I’ll be officially kicking off my 2nd round of P90X. I’ve attempted to start round 2 already, but wasn’t able to get very far because of sicknesses and other unforeseen circumstances. But I’ve spent the past week or so preparing myself mentally, stocking up on the food and supplements that I need, and getting myself excited to do this thing again. This time around, I’ll be cutting as much weight as possible during the first month, and adding some bulk during the last two months. I’ll be making a post in the next few days on how I plan to do this.
- I also haven’t forgotten my promise to review OxyElite Pro, and will be posting that up in the next week or so as well.
- During my journey to expand my Shaman skills, I’ve found some very resourceful blogs that helped me out a lot. I’ve noticed, though, that there are multiple good blogs for Resto, and not very many for Elemental. So I plan to start posting more about my Shaman, the useful things that I learn while I level and raid, and the experiences that I find humorous and intriguing as well. I’ll probably take more of an active blogging approach to WoW and the Shaman class in general that I have in the past, and the health and nutrition information will probably take a backseat to that.
- I hope to change the theme of the blog soon, so if you see something that looks jacked up, thats most likely why. But just in case, leave me a comment or email me and let me know so I can get to fixing it.
- I’ve marked off a thing or two on my list of goals for 2011 already. I’ll be marking off more as I go.
And thats about it. I’m excited to get this blog rolling again. I have some big changes planned for this year and I can’t wait to bring them to life. Hopefully I’ll have a few folks around to enjoy them with as well.